June 30, 2012

try and map the oceans

Just thought i'd get a fresh post up before this site gets too soggy (kinda like me right now)

There will be a new video tomorrow, a bit of a long one featuring the unboxing of the Depend Silhouettes. Fun!

I'm in full disclosure mode, this is why I named myself after the band Rilo Kiley.


It's not the happiest song, but this stuff helps me get through the inevitable sad times. I was already into bands like Built to Spill, but the sonic folk melodies of this band really synced with me.

Now Riley Kilo is a very real name to me, thought its not the one on my I.D. I've made allusions to this before but I wanted to come out and share this song with you. I met Blake Sennett (if you watched Salute your Shorts...) once in 2003, I was with my mentor/lover, "The Doctor" seeing a film in Hollywood, back when we'd make little weekend trips down here. 

The music made quite an impression on me, Jenny Lewis was my Stevie Nicks, Blake my Dave Grohl, their later collaboration with Postal Service was my Traveling Wilburys. I was in love, I listened to their records like someone was going to take them away from me. This music was a big part of my enlightenment as a young person, music really is amazing, life changing. 

I hope you've enjoyed some musical, link-heavy thoughts tonight, new post tomorrow, and get in and vote for me at PamperedPenny.com for the Pampered Princess Pageant, voting closes in 2 hrs! 

Hugs, new video tomorrow <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them