July 18, 2013

little piece of heaven

Hey there friends! It's little cuddlepants Riley, all curled up with her bear. I have the sniffles, flat out in bed :( I need some snuggles really bad, but I don't think anyone would want to snuggle with me because i'm so drippy and gross right now... Here's a picture of me from when I wasn't sick.



Nothing special, kinda artsy, I like mirrors. I finished watching Twin Peaks last night, had seen the first season a number of times and was saving the second season for the rest of my life... I suffered through the last half of the second season, it's really awful, almost unbearable at times. The ending was *ok* though there's a clear ending to the series long before it actually ends, most of Season 2 feels tacked on. Granted, before it spirals down the drain, it's likely the best TV show i've ever seen. I'm going to wait a month or so to watch Fire Walk With Me, my brain hurts from last nights marathon.

I had a really cool dream, the fevered dream of a madwoman, maybe 2 nights ago at the height of my sneezy sniffling grossness. I had 2 friends with me, I forgot why, but we were traveling to this place that I've visited before in my dreams, a big redbrick library/museum in Sweden that looks like a mix between my middle school and the Getty Center. The way we traveled was horrifying but also really cool, my dream had invented this new way to travel across the globe in a few minutes. I am afraid of rollercoasters but love those motion simulation rides, and it was like that. I remember it being like a bus inside, assorted trash and food wrappers all over the interior.


We sat down and the plane took off from the center of Manhattan, a fun intercom voice talked us through how the plane worked... it was strange, we took off, shot really high in the air and just as we came down over the skyline, we lurched forward and up again. After doing this a few times (it didn't feel scary, just a little nauseating) we finally made it to the ocean and the intercom voice made it clear we were going to blast off. A screen popped up and made it look like we were following a road, and after about a minute of powerful acceleration, the ship landed and we got out. My group got off the plane and we assembled outside the library, then a text woke me up.



I did some writing on dating and trouble finding legitimate partners "in real life", but it came off awful and pouty. post, more stuff soon (though it'll probably be a few days until I make some posts). I was considering getting one of the newer Ipod Touch thingys so I can take better photos, I heard they took off the regular camera, but it turns out they didn't, so I'm saving up for one. More stuff soon, kinda random post, things are going good other than the fact that i'm sniffly and miserable. I feel better today than I did yesterday, but still pretty gross :(

Hugs everyone! Big cuddles and happy thoughts, i'll have my orange juice this morning and try my best to feel better :) 


4 comments:

  1. I know how you feel with the sniffles - I'm just getting over mine now but for the past week it's been nasty. What makes it worse in over here in the UK we're in the middle of a heatwave - the first serious one for a few years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned Twin Peaks, so you might be intrigued/amused by these restaurants inspired by the show :P
    http://roadtrippers.kinja.com/step-into-a-twin-peaks-nightmare-at-these-damn-fine-res-844232873

    ReplyDelete

Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them