May 20, 2013

mirrors

Hey there internet! Here's a picture I've been thinking about often, a little girl reflecting... 


My sense of balance has been off lately. I spend too much time as a grownup :( I have to be tough when I go out, and when i'm home it's hard to find little space, as I am often exhausted or just not feeling it. I kinda fear going out as a cute little Riley so I go out as boring grown-up Riley, jeans and t-shirt etc... I feel like I've spent many of the cutest years of my life trying to hide. I'm tired of hiding, i'm tired of being alone!


I don't have any tattoos or piercings or anything, but I do have a desire to express myself more. This summer I plan to spend lots of time out, exploring, working/finding work, dressing how I please. I am starting to make more friends here in LA, which makes it easier to feel safe when out. Life has been interesting. I haven't been terribly productive on the website front, but have been doing a fair share of interviews, going over thoughts and ideas about my gender and ageplay and all that. I stopped going to therapy but need to start again. I have not been the happiest little panda lately.

A while back, someone said this blog took a dark turn, so they stopped reading. There's going to be darkness, always, but I'll try to show some more of the light. I have all the facilities to make awesome videos, tell my story, share thoughts, maybe even help others... but I don't. I'm not sure why not, but I have guesses. What i'm saying is, I won't avoid thoughtfulness on this blog, but look forward to more cuddly, crinkly, little girl content :) I need an outlet for that and the internet is the only real safe space I can find, save for the occasional dungeon party, which I still have real trouble getting into a regressive mode. I really don't want to slip into the unhealthy awfulness of letting my anxiety rule me, define me... you help me readers, you keep me going. I don't know where i'd be if it weren't for this site and the people who i've come to know through it.

Big hugs, more stuff sooooon! 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Riley, glad to see you are getting back to posting more. Also thank you for sharing the thoughts that are so important to you. I think they can help all of us figure ourselves out a little more. Best of luck as you figure out what you want to do in LA!



    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter what you do and post, Riley. I will always enjoy reading this blog. If I don't like a certain subject I will just not read that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm watching some movies again when I go to put some on your website

    ReplyDelete
  4. Riley you are so strong, and i could not begin to understand the turmoil you must feel with gender identity. I wish i could be there for you, be a shoulder for you to cry on, anything i could help you with would be amazing. Too bad i live in Iowa, but that's what the internet is for. If you need someone to talk to, maybe we can skype or e-mail. I know i probably sound like a creepy stalker but i do not mean it to come out like that at all. Hope all gets better, and if i can help on that process that would be neat too
    -Joey McBride

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey riley can you show me how too pee in a diapers plz

    ReplyDelete

Don't confront me with my failures, I have not forgotten them